The members of the Institute comprises of:
a. Those members who constitute the Institute at the commencement.
b. Persons who qualify for admission, shall be admitted under procedures adopted by the Council and Board of Directors.
FELLOW CHARTERED ECONOMIST
This category of membership is reserved strictly for the founding members and few individuals who have proven ability as renowned professional accountants in their various area of endeavours or specialization.
Also, at the recommendation and approval of the council, individuals who have offered services of a special nature proud by way of their constructive and direct useful contribution to National Economic Policy Implementation thereby enhancing the country’s economic growth and development. Furthermore, an associate member of the Institute, having practiced (and with evidence of being in practice) can apply after ten (10) years of demonstration of practical ability to the council, for fellowship.
Such application is subject to ratification and approval of the council must justify the laid down requirements for the award of a fellowship. Holders of the fellowship are entitled to use the abbreviations FCA (Fellow Chartered Accountants) after their names.
ASSOCIATE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
The associated membership of the Institute is awarded to:
- Candidates who have passed all sections of the professional examinations and have satisfied all other laid down requirements of the Institute for the award of an associate.
- After due consideration based on responsibility, experience, education and training by the council, Directors in Ministries and public parastatals, Chief Executives in the private sectors who are professionally inclined to economic matters and related disciplines may be awarded this category of membership.
- Professors of Economic and Ph.D holders in Economics.
The award of this category of membership entitles the holders to use abbreviations ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) after their names. Am ACA holder stands a chance of direct entry into any of our universities for a diploma and degree programme.
Student membership of the Institute is open to anybody who possesses any of the following qualifications:
- The West African School Certificate (WAEC) with five credits in one or two sittings, with credit in Economics, Mathematics and English Language.
- The National Examinations Council Certificate (NECO) as in (1) above.
- National Business &Technical Examination Board Certificate as in (1) above.
- The Ordinary National diploma of any accredited Nigerian or overseas polytechnic in any field.
- The Higher National Diploma from any accredited polytechnics as in (4) above.
- First or second degree certificate of any accredited University.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE). 8. Any other professional Certificate or diploma recognised by the council.
- Any other professional Certificate or Diploma recognized by the council.
Download Registration Form here.
Complete the form and submit to the nearest coordinating office.